Friday, April 29, 2011

E is for mE… or sprEEEEng…. or ….

I made this cute little E a while back for the wall/window of E’s in my studio.  I’m really enjoying altering things with Mod Podge and paper.  The past couple of weeks I have Mod Podged fabric, ribbons, paper, wood, fabric over paper, ruffles, chipboard, all sorts of interesting things.  And did you know??  You can Mod Podge carefully over rhinestone bling and it still SPARKLES! (I found this out on accident.. tee hee!)

So anyway.. here’s my E.  It’s made from a way old wooden E from Robert’s Craft. I covered it in black paint and then traced it face down onto some BG Urban Prairie paper which I cut out with scissors and Mod Podged (matte sheen) to the E and then trimmed up with my craft knife.

IMG_6471web

The flower is made using a silk flower which I glued on to the E and piled a ton of multi colored seed beds into the center of and then covered with Liquid Glass/Diamond Glaze and let dry over night.   You can see how I did the butterfly with this Faux Stained Glass technique. Instead of embossing the image I used a black StazOn ink.

IMG_6475web

This altered E  is a fun little addition to my studio. I love how the sunlight shines through the butterfly and leaves color on the wall/photobox behind it and is just perfect for sprEEEEEng … if it ever gets here! (We’re due for snow tomorrow… )

IMG_6477web

EEEEEnky Smiles!

mE.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

LOVE it!!!
LOVE the paper!!!
LOVE the flower!!
LOVE the WHOLE thing!!!

Kathie said...

Love to see your work. Just the greatest ideas.