Monday, June 21, 2010

Skipping Stones Design Sketch Tuesday: SSD030 –“Total Eclipse of the Heart”

Hi friends!  Hope you all had a fabulous Father’s Day weekend!  Brent and I celebrated it quietly at home and had his parents over for a BBQ dinner. It’s been a while since they were over and it was nice to visit with them. :)   We kept quite busy this weekend, too.. digging trenches, picking plums off the “flowering” plum tree, smoking a pork shoulder, I worked on a baby scrapbook for my cousin (I know, GASP… Erin’s paper SCRAPPING… lol) and lots of other fun things.
Yesterday I sat down and played around with the most fabulous new stamp set (one of the TWO being revealed today, but not yet released) from Skipping Stones Design.
If you’re a TWILIGHT fan, you’re GONNA LOVE IT!
Here’s our sketch today from Terri:
SSD030
I was so excited about this stamp set that I mostly ignored the little circles and rotated the sketch around like this: (UPDATE: For some reason BLOGGER rotated BOth PHOTOS...argh... and won't let me fix one without rotating the other... sorry!)

SSD030
Here’s my card for this week:
SSD030WebFull
I used the smooching Edward and Bella “Heart” shape from the new “Fur or Fangs” set which is being REVEALED today, but not yet RELEASED.  (Keep reading for more info…)
I LOVE this stamp set.  It’s full of quirky sentiments and awesome images drawn by our very own Heather.  I have to admit I was a little worried about losing all the fabulous detail when heat embossing this image, but I was pleasantly surprised that all the little details embossed perfectly, from Edward’s crazy hair  and chiseled jaw line right down to the detailed flowers.
SSD030WebZoom
The flower is made from singed satin fabric and tulle which I layered up and added pearls to the center.  (Now I wish I’d singed the ribbons, too. ) 
The papers are layers of a DCWV stack that was a gift from my friend, Melissa.  The paper is luxurious and awesome.  I added brads to “anchor” the main image and then some pearly ribbon to give it a more “aged” feel.
I had the hardest time figuring the sentiment placement….
SSD030AltSent1web   SSD030AltSent2web
I messed around with it and messed around with it but in the end I felt that it interfered with the main image and stuck it on the inside of the card instead.
Are you dying to see the full set? Ok, ok…. I’ll show you… don’t bite me… (unless you’re Edward… or Jasper… or a shirtless wereworlf…..tee hee)..
Eclipse_WM
NOW… since you’ve hung with me this long do you want to know how to get this set for yourself before you can buy it?  Hurry on over to Skipping Stones Design and check out these stamps and the promotion that Heather has for you this week! “Win” it before it can be bought!
Don’t forget to check out the other amazing creations from our super fun and fabulous Design Team! (Blog links in my right sidebar.)
Inky Bites!

8 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Jeanne said...

Not a fan of the whole Twilight series, so I wondered if this card would appeal to me, but I gotta say, it sure does! You picked an image that doesn't necessarily scream Twilight, but a sweet kiss (in my mind anyway). It looks wonderful embossed. And your flower! It's swoon-worthy!

Great job, Erin!!

Jingle said...

You really did a wonderful job with this set! So beautifully made!

Barb Turpin said...

Love it! I'm brushing up on Eclipse this week before the movie comes out (LOL) - beautiful job on the card!

Haley D. said...

Ooh, my Twihard DD and I love your card and can't wait to get this stamp set. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely, positively stunning. I love everything about it.

Teri

Stampin n da Hood said...

MUST.HAVE.THIS.SET!!!!!

Jenn Embry said...

Oooh I love it!!! You did a fabulous job. I can't let my daughter's see this stamp set though or they will be relentless in their begging! Some of the sentiments really made me laugh.