Thursday, June 18, 2009

Scrap My Scraps Challenge: Card Set #3

Sorry for the delay.  I have not been feeling well and have finally been able to haul myself to the computer to actually get some posting done.   I worked all day Tuesday and wore myself out and then had Curves and an echocardiogram on Wednesday. (The echo is a whole ‘nother story… so far no bad news.… will post more as I get the details from my dr.)

Anyway.. back to our regularly scheduled program….

The poor girls really had their work cut out for them with “yesterday’s” hideous scraps.   Yes, there’s a “fall-ish” theme to the cards and pieces… the workshop I originally did was in October or November and the girls wanted “season appropriate”… lol! 

None of the players saw the original cards before playing.  In fact, I had to hunt them down in my stash to snap pics of them to post here!


The “RULES” were simple:

1. Create one card from each layer stack thingy.
2. Use ALL of the pieces that go to each card.
3. Use any stamps to complete cards.
4. You may add one piece of extra cardstock to the card and any extra embellishments.

(More like guidelines, anyway….)

The Players:

Alisha Trussell
Jeanne Tomshack
Kathi Carlson

 

 

The Layer Stack Thingy:
Today’s card pieces are soooooomuchmobettah!  I am really digging the variety of themes and designs that the players came up with for this set.  Their creativity and imaginations are amazing! 

Card-3web

 

My original card:

Card3ErinWeb

 

Alisha’s Card:
Click on the card to view it larger… you can see the teeeny ice pieces/beads that Alisha glued on the stamped image. WOW! She inked up the raised embosses purple layer to pop out the design.  I love the whimsical bow tied off to the side, too.

AlishaCard3web

 

Jeanne’s Card:
Jeanne had her crochet needle out again!  That flower is AWESOME… and check out the detail (click on the pic) on the card base itself… she embossed an argyle pattern inside an embossed frame.  I love the embellishments nestled inside each other, too!

JeanneCard3web

 

Kathi’s Card:

Kathi used stamps to add texture and dimension to the plain cardstock and stamped and colored a lovely image for the focal point.  I love the 2nd generation stamping of the leaves and the focal point nestled into the little side bow.

Kathi4Card3web

I think it’s awesome that everyone layered up their mats the same AND that they all just knew that that irridescent (sp?) ribbon went on this card!   These are probably my favorite group of cards out of the 6 sets!

More coming up! Inky Smiles!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving this scrap challenge! These cards are fantastic! Keep it going...good luck with the doc. I have just recently lost 82 pounds (June 22 will make a year). Blessings,
Kim xxx

Anita said...

This is wonderful to see how others use the same supplies.

Sarah said...

WOW another set of knock em dead cards!! I loved them all.
Hope you are feeling better.
GL with the echo results!

Lori said...

Wow. Love everyones cards. Especially the one with the beads...so creative.

Jeanne said...

Whooo, hooo! Love Kathi's and Alisha's takes on the card! I really think this challenge idea is terrific.

I'm so sorry to hear you still aren't feeling all that great. I hope that changes right quick! Hugs!

Stampin n da Hood said...

hope you're feelin inky soon!
L@@VE these too!
Miss Alisha....rub off on me, please!
MISS YA!

kc_froglady said...

these scraps cards are wonderful! Love the variety you get from all the same materials! Too COol!

Sparkplug17 said...

They're all gorgeous!

CreativeMish said...

wow! I think they turned out great!