Saturday, December 8, 2007

Bling RAK Winner & Sausage Cheese Balls - MmM MmM Good!

We've drawn a random name for our Bling RAK......
Amy said...

Shopping for toys with money raised from our toy drive at work. I love this part of Christmas...giving to those in need. Specially children!

December 8, 2007 12:31 PM

Congratulations Amy!
Please email your address to me at inkysmiles @ gmail.com

And.... as requested by Tilda.... here's my recipe:

The most fabulous Sausage Cheese Balls
(A former family Christmas Tradition - before Mom quit cooking)
This recipe is on the package of Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage... we've modified it for a smaller batch, added extra onions & celery, and increased the Bisquick amount so that the balls are not so greasy.


1
Pkgs (16 oz) Breakfast Sausage
1 Cup Bisquick
2 Cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 Cup finely chopped onion

1/2 Cup finely chopped celery

½
Tsp black pepper


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.



1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl & stir well.
2. Form into 1" balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes before removing from pan and set on paper towels to absorb any grease.

4 comments:

Til said...

THANK YOU for posting this recipe! I will definitely be making this treat!

Anonymous said...

I am definitely trying this recipe for Christmas morning at my daughter's in Texas. My grandkids are very picky eaters, but they love meatball and cheeses. Maybe they'll give these a try.I would love to start a new tradition.

Unknown said...

this looks delish and I think I am going to bring this for my family Christmas Eve app....I have reduced fat bisquick- think that will work too?

Valerie said...

That seems so easy to make, but easy to serve. I'll give this a try soon!